Facebook announces that on Tuesday they will start rolling out the new Facebook Design/UIs. There are many additional features added. And one of them is the "TICKER".
Ticker is a real-time feed of your friends. Some says it is awesome, some hates it. Now if you want to get rid of it. Just follow the steps below.
For Mozilla Firefox Browser:
(note: This user script removes the entire right column of Facebook,
including the ticker, event invitations, ads, sponsored stories, friends' photos, and so on. )
1. You need to install Greasemonkey add-on first.
2. Then install this user scripts.
3. Restart your Mozilla Firefox Browser.
For Chrome Browser:
1. Simply install the Hide Facebook SideBar Ticker extension and ticker will be gone.
Now you might think of bringing back the Facebook Ticker.
For Chrome Browsers:
1. Just disable the extension by clicking the Settings (upper right) of your browser.
2. Click on Tools then Extensions as shown in the image below.
3. Disable the extension you installed.
4. Facebook Ticker will get back.
For Mozilla Firefox Browsers:
1. Click on Tools (upper part) of your browser.
2. Click Add-ons, Or Press CTRL + Shift + A in your keyboard.
3. Add-ons Manager will appear.
4. Choose either Disable or Remove Grease Monkey.
Hope this post helps.